Saturday, December 20, 2008

What's new!

I don't have much to share other than a couple of semi-important events. My baby is growing up and despite the lack of communication on her part -- or at least intelligible communication -- it is comforting to know that she does understand.

Our biggest news is that Charis actually walked a couple of days ago. Sean has been working and working with her, and then my dad came for a visit and bought her some adorable shoes that seem to lend just a tiny bit of needed support. So, I came back from teaching violin to hear that she had been walking. I did not really believe it until I saw her walk not just one toddling step but up to ten!!! Let me not shout forth too joyously as Charis has since decided that walking is not really her thing quite yet. It seems that only Starbursts induce sudden desires to walk. :)

Secondly, Charis never, and I mean never, sleeps in our bed. In fact, I have had to work on actually making her rest in my arms recently. However, we had an incident of "paci gone missing" last night. So, around 5:00 am she awoke, and Sean who was getting up for work brought her upstairs. I went back down to look for paci and could NOT find it. I searched and searched only finally to search Charis and find it down in her jammies!?! :) Tired, sleepy, and Charis a little emotional, I took her up to bed with me. We both slept happily until about 8:30. Yeah!!! :) Charis of course woke me first and insisted on getting out of bed. I placed her on the floor and explained that until I got some pants on we were not going anywhere. She looks around and then grabs the first article of clothing on the floor and hands it to me. I was impressed!!! The object was not exactly pants, but it showed that Charis was comprehending my needs by my words alone, not actions or guestures needed!

So,... we will keep working!!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Too Cute!!

j.j. said...

THanks for sharing that! I love it when you finally see that they are comprehending (and can act on) your words.