Friday, June 27, 2008

Movies !!!

I do not have much to write as not much has happened here. However, I did want to mention to all of you moms or aunts or... out there that the Baby Einstein videos are amazing. Well, at least the particular one I have is quite worth while. I do not appreciate the attempt to teach different languages at such an early age, however, the musicality and brain activities they do employ seem to be perfect for Charis and those other babies or young children around her age. Charis sings, laughs, claps, waves, and interacts with every scene that comes up. Of course, she does seem to have her favorite puppets that engage her interest more than others. Anyhow, I thought I would just mention the movies to those who might be interested. Does anyone else have any favorites? I am really not into the merely "silly" things that contain no means of education, or even worse, emphasize behaviors or beliefs to which I do not hold.

6 comments:

j.j. said...

We really enjoyed the Baby Einstein dvds for Lydia as well. In fact, she still asks to watch them on occasion even though she is older than the advertised developmental stage. =)
Those dvds were a life-saver when I was sick during my pregnancy with Lauren. Lydia was about 14 months old and that was when she learned how to load the dvd player and push all the right buttons on the equipment to get it to play. SCARY! Not exactly a skill about which to boast nor one I ever thought my toddler would acquire!!

j.j. said...

Which dvd do you have?

K. Humby said...

I think it is Baby's First Sounds -- discovery for little ears...

Rachel said...

We just rented our first one for Luke at the library. He too was enthralled. I think we will be getting him one/some for his b-day. BTW, exposing them to languages at her age is awesome.

j.j. said...

As I was recalling the things the BE dvds have taught Lydia, I thought you musical friends would appreciate this. In the more recent months we acquired a BE cd which is just a collection of some of the classical music on the dvds. Anyway, during the playing of the cd she always tells me which animal's song we're listening to."This is the ladybug Mom!" etc. I was surprised at that connection.
She also picked up some sign language from one of the dvds.
Don't waste money on the orchestra dvd. I heard it was disappointing.

Beth said...

We have the "Baby Mozart" DVD -- which all three of our children have loved! The music is very soothing to the children as well as entertaining (especially for Colin right now).

I put the DVD in so I can get work done around the house. There is no fussing when that thing is on! One day, I thought it was pretty funny when I came back into the den to find Colin alert, watching the DVD, and Emily had fallen asleep watching it. :-)