Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bath Time

My Dear Charis finally received her first bath since we arrived in MI. We have just been sticking to showers, but today (with all of this extra time on my hands :), we dug out her old bath tub and had a good old time! Charis was a little hesitant and instantly wanted to be picked up when I first put her in, but she quickly decided splashing wasn't too bad. Despite the pools of water everywhere which were caused by her recently acquired ability to scoot around on her backside -- honestly, she sort of sings and "dances" in such a bouncy, sitting manner that she moves! This caused quite a few near calamities and ruined our soapy, bubble head shot, but here are some of the rest that were not upset. Prepare for the photo onslaught! I was not very decisive. :)



Bath time might be fun after all!




WATER!!!











Hey can I get some more water in my cup?




Wow! This wash cloth is difficult to handle!



Shown to the right is the art of scooting on one's backside!



Time to towel off while looking cute!
















Hey I could stand a little coverage, Mum!

6 comments:

Kelley said...

LOVE the one with her mouth open just before the towel shots.

Beth said...

I agree with Kelley! She's adorable. :)

Elizabeth said...

Great photo shoot. I have showered w/ Kate once, but I felt that she was so slippery. Of course, I didn't have a lot of practice w/ it. Also, we always put Kate's baby bathtub into the big girl tub. That way she could make a mess & get as dancey as she wanted to.

Rachel said...

You know it is harder to comment after discussing the pictures with you:) What are you feeding her? She is chubbing up very nicely!! I love her expressions and you can tell she is really enjoying her bath. She is just beautiful!!!!

j.j. said...

Bath photos are just so cute. I love her chubby cheeks!!!

Elizabeth said...

I just looked at the pics again, and I love that last one where she's looking back. What a perfect pose!