Monday, June 2, 2008

Adults, Dogs, and Babies

So, I could post a few posts or just one and cover the desired info. So, I will choose the lazy route. Before the pics though, I just thought that I would share some tearfully happy news. I am now officially done teaching in Dayton!!! I will miss my students dreadfully, but I am so glad to be done with that long, weekly trip to and from OH. I will also miss the time spent with some friends of mine who were so incredibly gracious and continually opened there home to me 3 days out of the week, every week! Wow!

I am currently contemplating what avenue to travel next, musically speaking. There are two areas of interest: an artists diploma at Univ. of MI or auditioning for the Detroit SO. I believe that I will pursue the latter as the audition dates are the end of July. Whether or not I get in... Well, I am just not sure about the required time if I get in and then there are issues with my refusal to work on the Sabbath. So, I am fairly positive if God wants me there, that it will be very clear with so many doors that must be opened. In the mean time, I am not holding my breath and would be shocked if I actually made it to the second round. Primarily, I just want to make sure that my music will not intrude on the necessary time I spend with Charis. Our situation is somewhat different from most, however, as Sean works from home and has very flexible hours. So... all in good time!

Well, here are the pictures... Enjoy!


My favorite and most recent picture of Charis




Serious photo time over... time to play!!!


OK... guys control the baby!


(For those concerned mothers... I did wash her hands. :)





Just resting...





What a look of adoration!


I am rather bummed that there are not more pictures of the time spent with my brother and his family, especially of their newest... Lauren as she is such sweet, petite, tiny little thing... but... She must have been sleeping during photo time. As for the rest of us, we had just gotten up, and well, just use your imagination! :)

Speaking of imagination... Meghan thought it might be a good idea to use my potpourri for a "doggy tail." Cute huh? (Actually, I think it might have been her Daddy's idea!)


Have a GREAT day!!!

7 comments:

Kelley said...

I had no idea Ren & Michelle's little girl had arrived. Please pass along our congratulations and I look forward to seeing her.

Btw, Greta loves our dogs as well...and unfortunately, their toys and leashes. I am constantly telling her not to touch them. And I was worried about them taking her toys...

Elizabeth said...

That first pic is awesome! I love her beautiful brown eyes & her delicate mouth. Great, great picture!

And what would an artist's diploma mean?

K. Humby said...

Thank you for the congrats, Kelley! I will pass them along. Also, yes, I was somewhat worried to begin with about toys, food, etc... but Aussie has been really great!

Thank you Liz for your kind comments... In regard to an Artists' Diploma... It would be basically an alt. to a PhD but without the status and thesis paper. I would be able to enjoy performing, lessons, etc. without the added course load which makes practicing impossible. I only have to complete 30 hrs to grad, and I would be involved in orch, ensemble, lessons, recitals, and one area of my choice to "specialize" in... as I understand it. Most importantly, it would not take the time away from family!!!

j.j. said...

Wow - I didn't even know Michelle was expecting!!
These latest pictures of Charis are so cute. I love how at ease both she and your dog seem together. Very sweet.
Keep us posted about your musical situation. Will you be taking private students as well?

K. Humby said...

Jen, I have 8 students currently, but 5 of them are through a music store in the area... the pay is not very good so... Hopefully, I will get more private students out of my home!!!

Rachel said...

You know I often wish I knew in advance how things will play out, but then again, I might not like what I discover or perhaps it would become boring. I do know, however, that it will work out for my good according to God's will:) The new Charis pic is AWESOME!!! Her face is really filling out even more. She is also really cute with Aussie. Glad you had fun with Ren, Mich, Meghan, and Lauren, but shame on you for not taking and posting more pics.

Beth said...

They are both so cute. :)