Thursday, February 14, 2008

News!

Dear All,

I cannot believe how time flies. Charis is almost four months old! I guess that is my new way of measuring time around here as most of my time is centered on our sweet little girl. Anyhow, I thought that I might give a brief update on what is happening here in Dayton, OH. I currently teach Tuesday from 2:30 -- 9, Thursday from 4-9, and Saturday from 10-4. Every other week or at least once a month I have been traveling to Indy, IN to teach some college level students -- not the easiest task when caring for a baby!!! As Sean has accepted the invitation to pastor a small church plant outside of Detroit, MI (don't worry Canton it is one of the top 20 safest cities), we also travel there Sunday morning and don't arrive home until sometime Monday evening. Sean and I are both currently using our Mondays to locate work, hand out resumes, meet with perspective employers, and in the past, look for housing. We just located a remarkable home, sitting on a one acre lot for a very reasonable price!!! We are so excited, and I am SICK of living in an apartment between school and marriage. God has really blessed in answering prayer in this area, and we are confident He will also provide financially upon our arrival if not in the next couple of weeks before the move!

Thus, I do ask for all of your prayers with such a busy schedule only to become more so with moving and tying up any loose ends here in dayton. I just realized today how soon we are actually moving. Next week I have my regular teaching plus rehearsals from 7-10 every night along with a trip to Indy on Wednesday. The following week we plan to attempt to move most of our belongings mid-week. Yikes!!! Oh yeah... one does have to put things in boxes at some point, right??? :)

Well, I do hope all is well with all of you. Thank you for posting all of the juicy tidbits on your lives. I appreciate it more than you know!!!

Love in Christ,

Katie

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I pray that your move goes smoothly. Packing those boxes can be tiresome!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog the other day!

Rachel said...

It was GREAT hanging out the other day. I really wish we had a second car and I would come up to help you pack. Hang in there and the week will be over before you know it. Can't wait to see pics of your new place!