Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Curse or Blessing!

I have realized that certain acquired abilities are not so wonderful in time... such as: perfect relative pitch, strength, etc. I do bewail, yet also thank God, for all with which He has blessed me. However, I was thinking how much nicer it would be if I simply was not strong enough to lift sofas, tables, love seats, etc. My body feels like someone used it as a punching bag, bike ramp, or... I am not certain. However, I am grateful because we simply did not have the "man" power and thus had to improvise (side note: who needs a stair-stepper when they have three flights of stairs and lots of boxes and heavy furniture... woohoo, perhaps I will patent this idea???). We will be officially moved into our house as of tomorrow. I will have to come back and do some cleaning later in the week, but this will not be too much of a hassle as I will have to travel to work on Thurs, Fri, and Sat at least for the month of March. Some friends of ours are being very gracious and allowing Charis and I to "crash" there two nights a week!!! The main object of my prayers at this moment are that Charis would please sleep for a whole night. She has had a bit of a nasty cold and has allowed Mommy to sleep only about 7 hrs in the last two nights, if that. :( Oh yes, and the weather here is not exactly suitable for moving at the moment. So, please also keep in your prayers our safety as we transport belongings across slick surfaces and drive in not so wonderful conditions. Thank you all, once again, for listening to my chatter!!!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Love you and praying for you sweetheart. Get me your new number when you get a chance. :D

Tracy said...

I've had to lift many a heavy box and piece of furniture. On the bright side, moving in is better than packing up. It's exciting to organize a new home. And your new place is so cute!

Rachel said...

I am so sorry and so wish you had more man power. You know if you had been preggo that would have been just as good excuse not to lift anything and to still maintain your strength;) Of course, it would be still be tempting to help out:) I am praying for your safety, busy schedule, and settling in as well as for Charis.
Love you guys!!!!

j.j. said...

You have quite a lot on your plate right now! I can just see you hauling things around! I would be doing the same thing myself =)Actually that was a very frustrating aspect of pregnancy for me...not being able to do some things I normally would -like rearrange my furniture alone! =)
I hope Charis gets her rest and lets you get some as well. When babies learn to sleep well at night it is SUCH a blessing! Hang in there - I'll pray for you.