Monday, August 13, 2007

First Baby Shower!


Charis just had her first baby shower over the weekend. Quite a few kind friends contributed to the wonderful food, of which only a small sample is shown below, but the majority of thanks must be given to the Frasure family for all of the their hard work. We had a wonderful time opening presents, eating, talking, playing volleyball, pool, and a myriad of other activities.
The theme for the party in case you can not tell is ducks!!!



The most amusing gift was a "work" belt for Sean containing, glasses, ear plugs, coffee (for the many late nights), wipes, pacifier, bottle, rattles, face mask, and a few other items!!! :) We all had quite a laugh. What an inventive idea!







So, I did request quite specifically for not too much pink. I think everyone did a great job!!! I do hope, however, that Charis likes yellow!?!



Speaking of inventive... notice the diapers on the left of the next photo. My friend Carmen put that together to look like a cake. I was really impressed!







And yes,... Some brave soul gave me a hot pink sun dress with embroidery on the bottom. AND, I absolutely love it! It is so cute. Of course, she will have to wait a while... unless she is as big as Luke (Rachel :)!











6 comments:

Beth said...

Precious!!! I love the pic of Sean in his work belt. :) You need to call me... I miss you. :( lol

Kelley said...

I got a lot of pink at both of my showers but that was okay as I don't really mind it. I also know it's hard to find little girl clothes that aren't pink. The people who gave you items did a good job branching out. :-)

Julie said...

I'm glad you had a nice shower. It is SO hard to find non-pink girls clothes. I've given Kelley one yellow, one white and red and one pink outfit. She got a TON of pink stuff at both of her showers though.

Rachel said...

I love the hot pink sundress!!!! Sean looks so cute in his workbelt filled with baby items. He does know that the glasses are to protect him from the explosive poops and pees that Charis saves for when the diaper is off;) Thanks for all the pics - it looks like you got a lot of great stuff and had a wonderful time!!!

Rebecca said...

I love the ducky theme! Very cute stuff! I love the pink for my girls, but other colors are also very nice for a relief from all the pink. My only complaint was it never mattered how frilly or lacy a non-pink DRESS would be that one of my girls wore-- if it wasn't pink, it got assumed that they were boys. I have this one adorable blue dress that is VERY obviously a dress and even has blue floral designs on it and every time one of my girls wore it I got asked "How old is your baby boy?" haha!

Elizabeth said...

I started out really excited about the few non-pink outfits and onesies I received. Then, I put an adorable little blue outfit on Kate and ventured out to the store. I even prepared myself for the fact that people would ask about my baby boy. And, sure enough, it happened. I then realized that until they grow older, it's nice to make them look girly by putting them in girly colors and clothes. And, of course, Kate would look the best in pink. I guess I just have to embrace it! Bonus on the yellow (maybe) -- you can reuse for a little boy. They are practical!

Your friends were SOO creative. I love the decorations and I especially LOVE the toolbelt idea. I'll have to keep that in mind.