Saturday, July 28, 2007

Lovely Complexion

I seem to remember speaking with someone about the broken blood vessels in their face after having been ill with the flu (I think it was Rebecca...) Anyhow, I just wanted to show that this seems to be, at least for me, a pretty common experience with a more violent illness. The pictures below actually look better than in real life. And yes, Rebecca, I can now empathize a little bit with your recent family, flu crisis, but at least, I didn't have any little ones to encourage my gag reflex!!! :) I somehow managed within one day to wake up with a severe migraine after which I discovered that I also had the flu on top of that! Thankfully, I am somewhat better today! (For those ladies who have gone through childbirth... Did any of you have this problem? I cannot imagine what I might look like after the upcoming birth!?!)






4 comments:

Kelley said...

Poor Katie. That sounds like a really rough day! I hope you are feeling better now.

Rachel said...

Dear me!!! That must have been a violent flu bug. I guess you know now why you kept throwing up. I don't know if the migraine was a blessing or not - perhaps it helped to distract from the nausea or perhaps it made it worse. I was praying for you and am glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope your face recovers quickly!!!

Mandi said...

Wow, Katie- hope you are better! I actually was really sick one time when I was 14 and puked so much that I broke tons of blood vessels in my eyes- now that is really gross looking! The whites of my eyes went from red to yellow.

Elizabeth said...

NO experience with the popping blood vessels, I don't think. I do have a few red dots on my face that are quasi-permanent, but I haven't noticed that they occur after a traumatic event. Hope it clears soon!