Friday, October 31, 2008

Project and Picture!

Well, I had a long explanation of what I have been up to recently written out, but as it is quite late, and I just erased everything!!!... A brief summary will have to do. Suffice it to say that piano moving, banister building, car brakes changing (now for the third time due to faulty info), curtain hanging, leaf raking, closet organizing, storage room and door painting, A/C unit removing, etc. have been just a few of my activities. When you add on private violin lessons, 6-7 suggested hrs of practice daily (except that I have only had time for 3-4 hrs daily because Charis sleeps lightly in the early morning and Sean sleep lightly late night :), and oh yeah, did someone say something about family time and FOOD! :) Needless to say, I don't exactly have too much time to sit around. Providentially, I have also been getting quite a few students here and teach Mon/Wed evenings and Thurs/Fri afternoons. So, here are just a few pictures of Charis recently and the of a past project of which I promised pictures ages ago but due to a slight battle with blogger's idiocy failed to perform.

So... enjoy!

Massage time which follows each shower seems to produce a trance-like state...


And then sleepiness...



An then... back to reality! -- "Mom, did you get water in my ear???"



Below are a few pictures from my moment of temporary insanity when I attempted, somewhat effectively, to make a pattern from my car seat to produce a new cover for my oldest sister's car seat. I attempted to choose fabrics that I best thought blended with her personal taste.






5 comments:

j.j. said...

I am so impressed with that car seat cover! It looks great - did you have a pattern or did you just make it up?
Charis is looking like such a big girl!
So who is setting your "suggested practice" time?!! How are auditions? What is up with the DSO?

K. Humby said...

Yes, I did have to make the pattern. I am pretty unconventional though -- just printer paper taped together. :)

In regard to practice time -- I am taking with the Principal 2nd of Detroit Symph Orch. He seems to be a phenomenal musician and has so many great ideas. There is simply so much repertoire to cover that it takes that long to practice even half of it. Repetition is the key, and I need to be rock solid on everything. So... Right now, I am attempting to find another place besides my home to practice.

Elizabeth said...

amazing work on the car seat! It bears repeating many times! And, 6-7 hrs seems quite lengthy (like a full time job?) & I can imagine it's quite difficult to squeeze that in with other activities (the yard long list you mentioned). My mom used to get up at 6 am to practice her cello in the room RIGHT NEXT TO MY BROTHER's. Somehow he slept through it. This was after I was off at college so I don't know how loud it really sounded, but practice isn't that fun to listen to no matter what! Hopefully you can find some convenient, nearby place. . garage? With a space heater? :-) That was mostly a joke.

Elizabeth said...

oh, and I love your captions!

Cheri said...

LOL! I love the pictures and captions of Charis. =)