Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bathing time and... Fun facts!

Well, It is difficult to choose out the photos we have been taking, but I decided to post a few during her bath time which I find pretty cute, though Sean wasn't as taken with them. :) We will let you decide!





I think that I might have surprised her on this one...


I had to be somewhat amused though the below picture does not do her justice, but Charis really LOVES to have something in her mouth to suck on at almost all times. She started to fuss while "sleeping" in her swing. I assumed it was because she had lost her pacifier. However, by the time I reached her to amend the situation, I found her furiously sucking away at the end of it. I found it even more amusing because it was pulling at the side of her mouth like one of those dentist tools they use to keep your mouth open during cleaning...



To complete this post, I thought I would give some details about Charis (and ME) that you might find somewhat funny.
1) I cannot seem to spell her name on these posts. It always comes out as: "Chairs."
2) Charis likes to sleep with me, even if she is the only one sleeping... The antics that keep me awake: punching me in the eye (which actually was slightly painful), pulling my nose, kicking me in the stomach repeatedly, etc.
3) I was sitting, feeding her the other day only to find the process somewhat painful after a period of time. Looking down I found that she wasn't even latched on correctly. Far from it... !!!
She was simply attached to me on the "side" which left a large red mark! :) This was not the only time, as I also found after one nap together, a few red marks on my arm. Charis simply loves to suck on .... well, anything! :)
4) One of her most recent, favorite pastimes is to look at the drawing we have of an Australian coastline on our wall. If I am sitting anywhere near the drawing, she cranes her head at any direction required to stare at it and smiles and talks to it! Hmm...

5 comments:

Beth said...

I love bathtime pics. :D Stephen will suck on anything too. I've had the same experiance with over eager babies trying to latch on. lol For being so tiny they sure take up a lot of room when sleeping. Stephen tries to sleep diagonally with his feet touching whatever portion of my body he can touch.

Rebecca said...

That first picture is simply toooo cute! I still think she looks so much like you, Katie!

Kelley said...

Greta does gymnastics while sleeping as well. It was really bad a few weeks ago and has abated somewhat but she still likes to push off my stomach with her feet during naptime. So not comfortable.

Greta also loves having something to suck on but she's not fond of pacifiers. It's either a finger (hers, Grahams, mine) or me. Nothing else!

Elizabeth said...

I love the last fun fact, Katie. That's so interesting. Something in her knows she part Aussie.

The bath pics are really cute, too.

Rachel said...

I love the pacie pick and all the other ones too:) I can't believe how BIG she is getting!!! What happened to my infant niece?