Monday, October 8, 2007

Odds and Ends ...


Well, I decided to post, as previously requested quite a while ago, some pictures of random baby items. This task also supplied me with the energy to do some cleaning. The most exciting area of cleaning I have accomplished thus far in my pregnancy was the task of borrowing a friend's carpet cleaner and cleaning our apartment's carpet. I know that there was a supposed professional brought in prior to our arrival almost two years ago, but... If there was a way to wrinkle one's nose in horror and disgust, I would most certainly be expressing my distaste at how horribly dirty our carpet turned out to be. Apparently, daily to every-other-daily vacuuming does NOT solve the problem. Wood floors are sounding more and more appealing! Anyhow, on to the pictures...!!! LOL! I am not sure that you will even see the carpet! Oh well, you can imagine. :) I just finished our bedroom floor about an hour ago. Woohoo!!!



Below is our car seat, granted a very unbecoming picture. I am so happy with the quality!!! I was also excited to receive, without requesting, a snugly, ever-so-soft, Koala Baby-over the top carrier cover. Found above is the "fuzzy" picture to display the last mentioned item, btw.





To the left is our lovely swing, and no, we have not tried it out despite it's alluring sales pitch and ever so enticing rocking system -- cradle or swing. AND below is Charis' bed -- sweet and simple. Yes, I am aware that those cuddly animals in the corner will have to be removed. :(




This beautiful piece of furniture is the changing station. I really like the design and was even happier with the color once seen in real life, not via the internet. It was quite simple to put together and really seems sturdy unlike other dressers at name brand stores!












4 comments:

j.j. said...

The changing table looks really nice. Where did you get it? I also really like your pattern on the carseat. We loved our cradle swing for Lydia...I guess I should say SHE really liked it.She slept there some nights when nothing would soothe her. Sadly, Lauren does NOT care for the swing. You just never know what they'll like =)

K. Humby said...

Jen, the changing table came from an online JackRabbit Baby store. And yes, I do love my carseat pattern quite a bit too. Hopefully, we will be using it before too long. :)

Elizabeth said...

All the stuff looks really nice! I gotta run, Kate is pawing through her things!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rachel said...

Katie, the changing table is beautiful in your photo!!! I am impressed!! Hope you enjoy using it with your new baby girl!