Friday, October 5, 2007

A Few Requests...

Dear Friends and Family,

I just wanted to send out a brief note requesting prayer for my upcoming recital tomorrow. Due to an unusually difficult couple of weeks with my teaching, I have quite a few students who will unfortunately not be performing, despite all of the effort on my part which has been rather depressing for me. I am attempting to be satisfied with God's obvious working in this matter and not allow myself to feel completely worthless (I am know that many of you teach and can empathize... !). Anyhow, I am accompanying on piano as well as performing the 3rd movement of a violin concerto. I am not entirely sure what possessed me to play myself, but I would greatly appreciate your prayers that all will go smoothly. I am getting rather tired at this point and need a sudden burst of ... well something! :)

As always, though I don't say it, thank for listening!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I am praying for you!!! Hope the recital goes well both for you and your students!!!

j.j. said...

What DID possess you to play?!! just kidding..kind of =)Seriously, I will pray for you. What are you playing?

Elizabeth said...

I hope the recital goes well. I know they can be a bit nerve wracking, especially if you're playing/accompanying. You can't just sit back and stress, you're playing & stressing.

K. Humby said...

Thanks for your prayers guys or girls! :) Jen, I am playing just the last movement of the Saint Saens Concerto in B minor. I learned the first two back in high school and thought that I should learn the last at some point. What better way to force the point than to give a dead line/recital. I just wish that I had began it a bit sooner!