Monday, October 1, 2007

Baby Requirements ...

I thought that I might shed some light on some accessories that are apparently absolutely necessary for the arrival of a baby! :)... at least from a guy's perspective. Here are our newest additions. (It seems like there might be a couple more filters that might be required: a protective lens filter and a "softening" filter to make the photo details less sharp.) Please take notice of the Rode microphone which has the ability to filter out unwanted noises and record clearly the voices/music/baby noises that are wanted from all angles to the camera AND the beautiful 52 mm lens on the front which allows one to zoom in more clearly on the desired image. Together these items create an end result of perfection both audibly and visually!!! :) So, how was that for a sales pitch, especially from one who may not exactly be soooo sold on the product!?! :) Thankfully, we already had the camera!!! (I am not sure that I like Ebay anymore. Shopping online seems to be an extremely dangerous pastime.)






13 comments:

Beth said...

lol Have fun Katie. :) Is he bringing that to the birthing center? We still have a plain old 35mm film camera. :)

K. Humby said...

Yes, Sean is planning on bringing it. I am not sure exactly how we will tape and when but... That will be decided later! :) Despite my reservations, it will be really nice to have such great footage!

Elizabeth said...

wowzers. That's a bit intimidating. I hope baby Humby won't be scared. :-) How many days (supposedly) left until the probably not accurate due date?

K. Humby said...

Hmmm... A week and one day on Tues... might as well skip ahead since it is getting close to midnight! :)

The Budget Mommy: said...

You got a lilypie ticker!! I love them. They make life so easy once your baby is born, because to remember her age all you have to do it look at it! No thinking involved!

Beth said...

What a crack-up! We'll be taking our nice digital camera. It had not really even dawned on me that we could take our video camera as well! I'm not sure I want to have Tom messing with that when I'm birthing a baby, though! ;-) Maybe after the birth...

Sean said...

Pretty nice sales pitch Katie. Just some further minor points of info. The mic is a shotgun microphone, which means it emphasises the sound from in front of the mic, and eliminates it from the sides and behind (not completely of course). A stereo mic picks up the sound from all directions (omni-directional). The lens isn't a telephoto lens, which is what Katie described, but a (72mm, 0.66x) wide angle lens, which increases the range of view both horizontally and vertically.
Don't worry Beth - I won't be handling it during delivery. I hope to set it up on our tripod from an angle that won't be too graphic.
Amy, I'm interested to know what a lilypie ticker is?

The Budget Mommy: said...

The lilypie ticker is the thing at the top of the blog showing how far along Katie is. I have one that counts down to Emma's 2nd birthday, and it's nice to see other's tickers so you know how far along they are, or how old their kids are.

Elizabeth said...

BTW, from your latest Profile pic, it sort of does look like you've dropped. IF one can tell from a picture. :-)

Elizabeth said...

That is SUCH cute ticker! :-)

K. Humby said...

Thanks for the comments on the ticker. I just looked at those of your blog sites that have one and then went to the websitek! From there, I followed the directions. My primary reason for choosing the one I did, is because the color scheme seemed to match the best! Of course, I did like it also!

j.j. said...

Hey - I recognize your shirt in the new baby bump picture =) I have the same one in the blue version. I always got compliments on it =)You don't look big at all!! How are you feeling?

Suzanne Wright said...

Dear Sean & Katie, An excited Nanna
Anna just phoned to pass on her wonderful news. Congratulations to you both. I know how exciting and overwhelming having a little baby is so all the best to you and especially little Charis. She looks a little darling. I have to say I can see Sean in her. Happy parenting Love Sue and Robert from Port Lincoln