Monday, September 3, 2007

Last Week!

I was so excited to arrive home after a very long day of teaching to find that two rather large boxes had arrived from an unexpected source. I dear couple who attended the Free Church conference (the denomination Sean and I are a part of), decided to mail us clothes, diapers, wipes, and other various items. I was shocked by their generosity! Apparently these were just a "few" things since they had not been able to buy girl clothes in the past only having had boys!




I just marvel at the ways in which God sees fit to bless our family. Sean and I really have not been required to purchase anything which has been wonderful considering the state of our bank account! :) Ok... it is not that desperate, but since the church is not going too well here at the moment, we have been relying predominantly/entirely on my income. (My studio size just recently has gone up to 21 students, I think. I am praying all will go smoothly and that I will be able to return to my teaching very quickly after the arrival of the baby!!! )



Anyhow, I simply loved all of the clothes sent to me, and I was just reminded of how we, as God's children, really do not have to worry about anything. He will provide, even when we do not necessarily ask!



One last photo which is not about baby clothes. My nephew, Thomas, decided to accompany his Dad up to a wedding in OH that we all attended last Friday evening. I was teaching when they arrived on Thursday, but enjoyed the time we spent together Friday morning and early afternoon, building castles out of my pathetic attempts to create toys out of board games (Sequence), making cookies with Thomas, and etc. We even took some of our baked goodies to our land lady who was quite impressed by Thomas' abilities. :) (I just think that it is refreshing for people not accustomed to small, well-behaved children to meet them every once in a while. AND definitely a reminder to us moms or soon-to-be-moms of how even the seemingly "little, unrealized tasks" we do every day or even when we sit for other people's children can be a blessing to those around us and may create even an opportunity to share God's plan of redemption and His grace to us!)










2 comments:

Rachel said...

All I can say is, "WOW!!!" What a great reminder to all of us of God's provision!!! He knows what we have need of before we even ask Him!!!
I am so glad you had a great time with Rob and Cutie Pie, Tommy! I am sure your landlady was EXTREMELY impressed!!!

j.j. said...

Wow -- all of the items from one family?! How generous and kind of them. We were also so blessed by others when Lydia was born. We really only had to buy a few things - we received so much from friends at my showers.