Friday, July 6, 2007

Ramblings yet again!

Well, I have nothing to say of any consequence, no pictures to share, or funny stories... BUT, we had a wonderful 4th of July celebration to which we completely forgot to take our camera. So,.. until next year! The fireworks were amazing, and I have never experienced such a grand finale. I had to wonder if it was good for Charis (baby-to-be) as my entire body felt as if it were vibrating at the end. My chest area and lungs actually felt like they were rattling! :) Rather odd sensation...

In regard to Charis... I just had a check-up today unexpectedly as there were some rather odd events occurring, but everything seems to be fine. Just me being overly anxious. I have just heard too many stories about too many horrible endings to what was/could have been a healthy birth. So, ... better to be safe than sorry, right? I did have have to laugh when my midwife checked Charis' heartbeat. The baby seems to hate this device and really had not been moving much at all prior to my appointment. However, the second they placed the monitor on my stomach, there was a rather large explosion of of movement from a well-placed foot or limb which almost made my midwife drop the device. Haha! I guess Charis has been paying attention when I work out on the heavy bag at the gym. :)

Well, that is all for now. I hope that everyone has a beautiful day!!! AND belated happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Beth said...

It's kind of odd the way your insides seem to rattle more while pregnant since it feels more crowded in there. lol

Stephen hated being pushed or poked so he always kicked the midwife while she was listening to him. Andy of course LOVED poking him and feeling him move. He is extremely ticklish now so its really funny. :)

Elizabeth said...

Wow -- you are good at taking pictures of your pregnant self. I think I only have 3 pictures of my pregnancy. I didn't feel good for so long and then things got really busy, and I guess I just didn't make it a priority. But, you are looking good, Katie.

j.j. said...

You look good Katie. You (and Charis) will be glad to have these pregnant pics down the road. I tried to have at least one "pregnant side pose" picture for each month of Lydia's pregnancy. I haven't done as well with it this time, though.

Any news on Rachel?

K. Humby said...

Thanks guys! The encouragement about my size is greatly appreciated. I feel huge, already!!! No word on Rachel yet other than she keep thinking that she is going into labor and then things slow down. She was due on the 30th and is getting extremely uncomfortable (swollen and etc.). So, they are most likely inducing in the morning (Sunday).