Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bragging rights!



Ok, I do know that every one's husbands, wives, or friends as it
may apply are thoughtful!!! However, Sean and I had both chosen a particular style of stroller and car seat along with the color scheme I desired. (Now for those of you who are pink addicts and wonder how I can put a little girl in this seat... back off! :) I was especially desirous of this exact travel system as it could, in my humble opinion, suit either a
boy or a girl. Now we are definitely planning on this baby being of the female sex, but... after all of the mistaken identity stories I have heard, one must not rely completely on the absolute accuracy of the ultrasound pics. Anyhow... I took too long to decide whether to purchase a new system, as I had been offered a used stroller and car seat, and then when deciding to go ahead and buy this Graco system anyhow, discovered that the discount as well as color was "indefinitely" out of stock. Well, Sean went on line, when I was at work, and managed to find another store which offered this particular pattern/color and ordered it for me!!! I am soooo excited!!! He was going to attempt to keep his purchase a secret, but I caught him coming out of his study with a rather "guilty" looking expression and his wallet. :) So... sorry for the lengthy story, but I just had to share.




7 comments:

Beth said...

Awww, that's so sweet of him. :) I'm glad you found the one you wanted and I understand about wanting more neutral colors. I love blue so I got blue stuff even though I didn't know what either child was before they were born. Stick to your guns girl! :)

Kelley said...

The pattern looks very similar to the one I registered for which is french roast. I think when I picked mine out I knew we were having a girl so I didn't care so much about it being gender neutral. I just like the classic clean look rather than something fru-fru-y (sp?). I very much like yours as well. :-)

Rebecca said...

Haha! Both Emily and Claire came home in a very BLUE car seat. I didn't even think about the color of the car seat- it didn't seem to matter to me. Anyway, I think it's great!

j.j. said...

My travel system is dark blue with little green lines running through. I like blue, wanted a darkish color and would never pick a pink stroller - even though I knew I was having a girl! I actually chuckle to myself when I see moms with those pink/gray Graco models. It seems so impractical...even if you love pink!
That was so sweet of Sean. Glad you found and are receiving the one you wanted. BTW, even though they're bulky, I have loved the travel system and it is esp. nice when the baby is little and you just clip the carseat from the car into the stroller. Very handy.

Elizabeth said...

Where oh where are all your cute, cute, cute maternity clothes coming from? How cute!

I chose our stroller to be "sort of" gender neutral, although it is has Laura Ashley name brand. We'll see if Daddy lets his little boy ride in a purplybrown (mostly brown) stroller, though. Whenever that day is.

And I agree, YEAH! for travel systems. I still use mine alot and Kate is almost 7 months. It's much handier for keeping toys INSIDE the stroller instead of falling out onto the parking lot or store.

Molly said...

How fun...that was really sweet. I didn't know Rachel was pregnant too--that's great! I'm sad I won't be seeing you in August...:(

K. Humby said...

It was good to hear that you all agreed with me as to color and practicality. It was also good to hear that so many seem to like the Graco Snugride travel system!!! In regard to a question asked about my clothes.... well two shirts came from Ireland so... but the others... a website-- second hand store, Forever Young, and Target. I have tried to keep the price down. :)AND not all are maternity thanks to today's trends.