Monday, July 21, 2008

Funny Motherly Instincts!

Ok... So this will be brief, but it is a situation that Sean and I found quite amusing, despite the fact that I woke him from a sound sleep. If it had been a reverse role... Yikes! He probably would have had a bloody nose, or at least be hurting somewhere still. Anyhow, due to traveling and messing Charis' sleeping schedule up, my Sunday morning began quite early, and Charis decided that she had to eat much more often and sooner than normal. After her second feeding at only 7:30 am, I decided to go back to bed. I wake up suddenly to see/feel something rolling, from my perspective "off" the bed, and I lurched rather urgently to grab (to Sean's chagrin) and keep Sean from rolling over in his sleep. Of course, the last thing I remember was feeding Charis, and I awoke quickly thinking that it was her who had fallen asleep beside me and that she was about to land on the floor. Sean, thankfully, responded with only, "What are you doing???" There were no other repercussions, surprisingly. I, of course, got into a giggling fit and could not stop for some time. BUT... to end this story, Charis was safely in her bed downstairs, and I was able to sleep for a bit longer. :) Has this happened to anyone else?

4 comments:

Beth said...

lol Of course... it happens to all parents. :)

Tracy said...

Hi Katie,

About the Zucchini Chocolate Cake, the buttermilk is an option. You have to choose whether to use sour cream or buttermilk. I like the sour cream better, as I've tried both.

K. Humby said...

Thank you Tracy!!!!

j.j. said...

hehe -- yes I've had that same "fear" before too!