Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Update!

Dear all,

I seem to find myself doing three things primarily and trying many more things that one simply does not think of until having been pregnant, laboring, delivering, etc. :) I won't elaborate on the latter. However, the former three are as follows: feeding Charis, sleeping, and drinking water (or juice at times). The sleeping is definitely not top priority these days! Oh well!

Overall, these new tasks in life are going well. I have to "laugh" at the sin nature that becomes so evident early on. Charis is rather uhm... stubborn! (I can't imagine from whom she learned that!?! :) Feeding time is a battle. Yes, she is hungry, but it has taken almost an hour at times to get her to eat! If I attempt to force the matter, she either becomes quite angry me or melts into a sleeping puddle of baby, instantaneously! There is no awaking her from these sudden fits of "dead to the world" behavior. It is a wonderful example, though, of the need to train children up from the very beginning "in the way that he should go."

Brief prayer request... I was just notified Monday that the small symphony in which I have been playing just lost their concert master. The conductor was hoping that I would be able to audition for the vacant seat. The audition is tomorrow (Thursday) in the evening. My mom is flying in (yeh!!!) shortly after lunch and then will be driving me to the audition while Sean attends a business meeting. Lord willing, she will arrive on time as I am supposed to leave here late afternoon. Needless to say, I am completely unprepared. I found two orchestral excerpts that seemed somewhat familiar and then will perform part of the first movement of an old concerto. I am just praying that God will bless my efforts and display much grace. The conductor is being quite lenient and is willing to assist as timing might be somewhat crucial with Charis, who is not quite on any kind of schedule yet! :) Anyhow, I would really appreciate your prayers!!!

Well, Charis is calling. So, I must run! Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I did not think about what date Thursday fell on - what great timing with mom! I am praying that your audition goes well. Make sure to get enough rest, since that is just as vital for a good performance as practice. (You do want your fingers to obey the messages sent to them) Love you!

Beth said...

I'll be praying for you today hon!! Mom says if you ever have any questions about breastfeeding to just give her a call. She has helped a lot of different women through LLL. Good Luck tonight.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, I hope your audition goes well. Is this your mom's first chance to meet Charis? (I just typoed your darling little girl's name and it came out "chairs" -- I hope that doesn't happen a lot in the future)

I'll be praying for the breastfeeding, too. Both of you guys are on a learning curve -- I hope the curve speeds up quickly!

Aunt Mary Worsham said...

Dear Katie, Sean & Charis,
What a blessed surprise! We praise the Lord with you for this lovely little girl. I love her name! Will write more later. Just wanted you to know how happy we are for you. I'll add her to the list of descendent of your Great Grandma and Granddad Gardner.
Love ya!

tracykwoodard said...

Break a leg!